Privacy and Cookies
Alzheimer’s Society Online Shop (shop.alzheimers.org.uk) is run by Alzheimer’s
Trading Limited, a subsidiary of Alzheimer’s Society. Both Alzheimer’s Society
and Alzheimer’s Trading Limited respect your privacy and comply with the Data
Protection Act 1998. You are welcome to access our site without disclosing your
Information about customers who make purchases from our online shop is shared between ATL and Alzheimer's Society to ensure that our communications are consistent and effective. This information consists of:
- Contact details: address, phone number, email address
- Delivery information
- Purchase history
Your credit or debit card information is processed by a secure payment processor. Neither Alzheimer's Society nor ATL retain card details after the payment is authorised.
If you contact us through our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence; details of transactions you carry out through our website and details of your visits to our website including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this website.
We also collect non-personal
information such as browsing data to help us to monitor and improve the performance
of our website and other online tools. Get further information on cookies and IP tracking
Further information about privacy and cookies for Alzheimer’s Society online platforms:
How do we use personal information?
· To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. Where you have provided your postal address, telephone number or email address, we take that to indicate that you agree to this use of your personal data. You may contact us at any time to request that your personal data is not used for direct marketing purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To notify you about changes to our website and the services we provide.
We will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it.
How do we protect personal information?
We will not sell your details to third parties. We may need to pass them to companies such as fulfillment houses and printers, authorised to act on our behalf.
All employees who have access to your personal data and are
associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the
confidentiality of your personal data.
If you do not want us to use your data for news, updates or promotional messages, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Alzheimer's Society tries to keep the information we have about you accurate and up to date. you may wish to ask us to update or correct certain detials, please let us know and we will amend our records accordingly.
If you find errors or inaccuracies in your data, we will erase, complete or amend that information upon request.
You can ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you by writing to the Information Governance Manager, Alzheimer's Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London EC3 2AE or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ask for a subject access request form. Once we have received the form with full details of your request we will respond within 40 days. There is an administrative charge of £10 for this service.
Cookies and analytics
· allow users to log in to the website
· check that cookies can be set and therefore determine whether a user is able to log in
· store a reference to form data that is stored on the web server
· help us better understand how visitors engage with this website
· help us ensure that our marketing is as cost-effective as possible
This site uses both first party and third party cookies.
Cookies help us to ensure both that our website is as good as it
can be for our users, and that all our digital marketing is as efficient as it
can be (so we spend less money). Cookies pose little threat to your privacy,
but some people may want to turn them off anyway. Please be aware that if you
disable all cookies, some elements of our website may not work properly (such
as using our online shop or event registration).