Coronavirus update on delivery information.
Standard Delivery UK up to £10 is £2.95
Standard Delivery UK over £10 is £4.95
Express Delivery is £9.95
Orders placed by 1.00pm will be despatched for the next working day. However our delivery couriers are unable to guarantee next day delivery at present so please allow two days for express delivery. All express deliveries will be delivered between the hours of 08.00 and 20.00.If you require a more urgent delivery service please call the team on 0300 124 0900 (local rate). Additional charges will apply.
The Safer Walking Locator Device has been developed by Ravencourt Living in partnership with Alzheimer’s Society and Designability, a charity whose purpose is to develop and evaluate assistive technology.
We worked closely with people living with dementia and their carers throughout the development process to make the product and instructions as simple and easy to use as possible.
Please note the GPS locator requires a £14.99 monthly subscription, which includes unlimited data.
Calls to the GPS locator will be classed as European calls due to the roaming sim card inside the device. Please check with your phone provider before purchase, whether you have free or inclusive calls to Europe so that extra costs are not incurred.
In conjunction with the app:
- SOS button sends a notification to relatives/carers in an emergency.
- Includes a roaming SIM that switches between networks to maintain optimal signal (includes EU networks).
- Shows GPS locator’s location live.
- Receives SOS notifications and low battery alerts.
- Make a 2-way voice call to the device at any time (if you speak to the person with the locator they can speak back to you through the GPS locator).
- Set safe zones (also called geofences) and receive notifications when the device enters/exits these zones.
- View 1 months-worth of route history.
- Water resistant (ideal for those who want to wear the device around their neck or on a lanyard).
- Comes with a simple to use charging dock, allowing for easy charging without the need for plugging in cables.
How it works
- Easy to set up and use.
- The GPS Locator works in conjunction with the Safer Walking App (available to download from google play or app store).
- Once downloaded follow the instructions to register an account at www.saferwalkingactivation.com
- The GPS locator requires a £14.99 monthly subscription, which includes unlimited data.
- Calls to the GPS locator will be classed as European calls due to the roaming sim card inside the device. Please check with your phone provider before purchase, whether you have free or inclusive calls to Europe so that extra costs are not incurred.
- In an emergency, the user presses on the SOS button which sends a signal to all emergency contacts (up to 5). The contacts see the alert and can speak with the user through the locator device. They can put them at ease by letting them know that they see their location and that they’re on their way to help. They can also leave a note for fellow contacts to let them know what’s going on.
- Ravencourt Living are happy to answer any questions and help with set up please call 01780 489100 9am-5pm Monday to Friday or email email@example.com.
GPS tracker with SIM card
USB to micro-USB charger lead
Battery life: 48 hours
GPS accuracy: up to 2.5m
Guarantee: 1 Year
What people say
Our products are tested and reviewed by people living with dementia and their carers to make sure they are fit for purpose. We use the feedback to decide which products to stock and to help with the information and advice we give.
The feedback also forms the basis of a regular consumer panel article in our Dementia together magazine which may help you to decide if the product is suitable for you.
We encourage customers to review our products so if you decide to make a purchase we would be very pleased if you could add a review.
Is it right for you?
To help you decide if this is the right product for you please read our advice on choosing the right products to help people living with dementia.
A number of our daily living aids products are eligible for VAT relief for people who are living with dementia, carers or people considered chronically sick or disabled. To help identify these products we have clearly labelled them on our website and catalogues.
What products are eligible for VAT relief?
For a product to be eligible for VAT relief they need to be designed and manufactured solely to help people with disabilities. The HMRC states that "equipment that has been designed solely for people with a disability, chronic or terminal illness or on the adaptation of equipment so they can use it can be VAT exempt".
If you are unsure if a product is eligible for VAT relief please call our team on 03001240900 (freephone).
Please note Postage is not VAT exempt, and the VAT Relief will be removed from the individual items.
Who is eligible?
If you are not sure whether you are eligible for VAT exemption please read Notice 701-7 VAT relief for disabled people or call HMRC’s advice line on 0300 200 3700. Please check eligibility as this is legally binding and there are penalties for false declaration.
When purchasing a product that qualifies for VAT exemption you will be asked to tick a box declaring that you or the person you are purchasing the item for are eligible for VAT relief. You will then be asked to give full name and the medical condition of the person who qualifies for VAT relief. Once this is completed you will be charged the VAT relief price.
When placing a telephone order you will be asked to declare that you or the person you purchasing the item for are eligible for VAT relief.You will then be asked to give full name and the medical condition of the person who qualifies for VAT relief.
When ordering by post you will need to sign ans state your disability on the order form on page. If you are buying on behalf of someone who is eligible you will be asked for the name of this person.
Alzheimer’s Society online shop is required to keep a record of all customers who have qualified for VAT relief, their names, addresses, and qualifying medical condition and present this information to HRMC if requested.
Please note that it is an offence to falsely claim that you or the person you are buying for is eligible for VAT Relief.