Standard Delivery UK up to £10 is £2.95
Standard Delivery UK between £10 and £50 is £4.95
Standard Delivery UK over £50 is Free
Next Day Delivery is £9.95
European Delivery is £14.95
Worldwide Delivery is £35.00
Music has a profound benefit for people with dementia, far beyond entertainment value; it provides a key into improving mental health and agility. Playing recognizable tunes from earlier years improves lucidity, cognizance, social engagement and well-being. The Simple Music Player is specifically designed for easy use by those with dementia, without any assistance, and is a valuable tool for improving quality of life, especially if living at home
Simple Music Player overcomes the difficulties of operation by strong design features:
• Lifting the lid automatically starts the music
• Closing the lid stops the music
• Pressing the only visible button skips to the next track
• Styled to look like a vintage radio
• Volume is fixed by friends, family or carers
• Playlist is setup by friends, family or carers
• Dimensions: 300mm x 190mm x 110mm
• Weight: 1.7kg
• Memory capacity: 4GB
• Music upload: via USB cable (included). Drag and Drop; no software required
• Music format: mp3 files only
• User controls: ON/OFF and NEXT TRACK
• Pre-settable controls: Volume control on the base of device
• Ancillary controls: User controls can be mimicked using remote switches via the back panel
• Headphone socket: Yes
• Power requirements: Local mains supply - factory configured to your country’s standard
• Power consumption: less than 700mA at 9V
• Amplifier: 6W Class D mono audio amplifier
• Speaker: 4ohm 90mm diameter high-quality circular cone
• Cleaning: Wipe down with a damp cloth (not waterproof)
• Country of Origin: Made in Wales, United Kingdom
- Specifically designed for easy use by those with dementia.
- Playing recognizable tunes from earlier years improves lucidity, cognizance, social engagement and well-being.
Choosing the right product
People react differently to different products. For example, one person might find it helpful to have a recorded message that plays when they open the front door, reminding them to take their keys, while another person might find this confusing. Some people may also be wary of trying new things or find it difficult to learn new skills. Choosing the right product is therefore not always an easy task. The products you purchase should suit the individual and their situation.
For more information see here.
Always speak to your healthcare professionals before buying equipment to check that it is suitable for you.
A number of our daily living aids products are eligible for VAT relief for people who are living with dementia, carers or people considered chronically sick or disabled. To help identify these products we have clearly labelled them on our website and catalogues.
What products are eligible for VAT relief?
For a product to be eligible for VAT relief they need to be designed and manufactured solely to help people with disabilities. The HMRC states that "equipment that has been designed solely for people with a disability, chronic or terminal illness or on the adaptation of equipment so they can use it can be VAT exempt".
If you are unsure if a product is eligible for VAT relief please call our team on 03001240900 (freephone).
Please note Postage is not VAT exempt, and the VAT Relief will be removed from the individual items.
Who is eligible?
If you are not sure whether you are eligible for VAT exemption please read Notice 701-7 VAT relief for disabled people or call HMRC’s advice line on 0300 200 3700. Please check eligibility as this is legally binding and there are penalties for false declaration.
When purchasing a product that qualifies for VAT exemption you will be asked to tick a box declaring that you or the person you are purchasing the item for are eligible for VAT relief. You will then be asked to give full name and the medical condition of the person who qualifies for VAT relief.
When placing a telephone order you will be asked to declare that you or the person you purchasing the item for are eligible for VAT relief.You will then be asked to give full name and the medical condition of the person who qualifies for VAT relief.
When ordering by post you will need to sign ans state your disability on the order form on page. If you are buying on behalf of someone who is eligible you will be asked for the name of this person.
Alzheimer’s Society online shop is required to keep a record of all customers who have qualified for VAT relief, their names, addresses, and qualifying medical condition and present this information to HRMC if requested.
Please note that it is an offence to falsely claim that you or the person you are buying for is eligible for VAT Relief.