Coronavirus update on delivery information.
Standard Delivery UK up to £10 is £2.95
Standard Delivery UK over £10 is £4.95
Express Delivery is £9.95
Orders placed by 1.00pm will be despatched for the next working day. However our delivery couriers are unable to guarantee next day delivery at present so please allow two days for express delivery. All express deliveries will be delivered between the hours of 08.00 and 20.00.If you require a more urgent delivery service please call the team on 0300 124 0900 (local rate). Additional charges will apply.
European Delivery is £14.95
Worldwide Delivery is £35.00
Droplet’s Hydration Reminder System acts as your electronic friend that encourages you to drink throughout the day so you never forget to drink. It significantly reduces the risk of dehydration and infections and illnesses related to it.
The sophisticated Electronic Smart Base plays friendly pre-set or personalised voice messages and friendly reminder lights in order to remind users to drink. Droplet is completely adaptable to individual needs, the Electronic Smart Base fits onto the Droplet Mug or Tumbler and the Flow Control Lid can be added if additional support is required.
- Adapts to your needs: Smart Base easily attaches to the Droplet Mug or Tumbler
- Drink detection technology: friendly voice messages and reminder light settings
- Nightlight function allows the user to easily locate their drink
- Made from Tritan which is scratch, shatter, stain and odour resistant
How it works
Droplet Smart Base
- The heart of Droplet is the Electronic Smart Base, which monitors how frequently the user drinks. The illuminating base gives a provide a visual reminder to take a drink or alert carers. Droplet also plays friendly pre-set messages when it’s time to drink which can be personalised by love ones or carers. The timer can be set to 20, 40 and 60-minute intervals and features volume control to suit different environments. Wipe clean only.
- The Droplet Tumbler has been designed to look like a traditional glass but is lightweight and easy to hold. It has a blue tint, so water appears fresh and appealing. Features 100ml and 200ml discrete measuring lines. Dishwasher safe.
- The Droplet Mug is ideal for people who have problems with dexterity, vision and perception. It’s been designed to look like a familiar ceramic mug, whilst being lightweight and durable. Features 100ml and 200ml discrete measuring lines. Dementia friendly two-tone design and comfort-grip handle make it easy for people with swollen joints to hold. Dishwasher safe.
Droplet Flow Control Lid
- The Droplet Flow Control Lid has been developed in partnership with Speech and Language Therapists. It helps prevent spills and provides dignified support by controlling the flow of liquid for people who have tremors or trouble swallowing. Features a discrete spout and a hole for a drinking straw. Fits onto Droplet® Mug and Tumbler Dishwasher safe.
Electronic Smart Base: 1
Flow Control Lids: 2
(requires 3 x AAA batteries, 1.5V, not included)
What people say
Our products are tested and reviewed by people living with dementia and their carers to make sure they are fit for purpose. We use the feedback to decide which products to stock and to help with the information and advice we give.
The feedback also forms the basis of a regular consumer panel article in our Dementia together magazine which may help you to decide if the product is suitable for you.
We encourage customers to review our products so if you decide to make a purchase we would be very pleased if you could add a review.
Is it right for you?
To help you decide if this is the right product for you please read our advice on choosing the right products to help people living with dementia.
A number of our daily living aids products are eligible for VAT relief for people who are living with dementia, carers or people considered chronically sick or disabled. To help identify these products we have clearly labelled them on our website and catalogues.
What products are eligible for VAT relief?
For a product to be eligible for VAT relief they need to be designed and manufactured solely to help people with disabilities. The HMRC states that "equipment that has been designed solely for people with a disability, chronic or terminal illness or on the adaptation of equipment so they can use it can be VAT exempt".
If you are unsure if a product is eligible for VAT relief please call our team on 03001240900 (freephone).
Please note Postage is not VAT exempt, and the VAT Relief will be removed from the individual items.
Who is eligible?
If you are not sure whether you are eligible for VAT exemption please read Notice 701-7 VAT relief for disabled people or call HMRC’s advice line on 0300 200 3700. Please check eligibility as this is legally binding and there are penalties for false declaration.
When purchasing a product that qualifies for VAT exemption you will be asked to tick a box declaring that you or the person you are purchasing the item for are eligible for VAT relief. You will then be asked to give full name and the medical condition of the person who qualifies for VAT relief. Once this is completed you will be charged the VAT relief price.
When placing a telephone order you will be asked to declare that you or the person you purchasing the item for are eligible for VAT relief.You will then be asked to give full name and the medical condition of the person who qualifies for VAT relief.
When ordering by post you will need to sign ans state your disability on the order form on page. If you are buying on behalf of someone who is eligible you will be asked for the name of this person.
Alzheimer’s Society online shop is required to keep a record of all customers who have qualified for VAT relief, their names, addresses, and qualifying medical condition and present this information to HRMC if requested.
Please note that it is an offence to falsely claim that you or the person you are buying for is eligible for VAT Relief.