Front Fastening Velcro BraFind out more
- Exceptionally comfortable non-wired and unpadded bra that gives great shaping
- New front velcro version is easier to fasten and unfasten than poppers requiring only a touch to close
- Padded shoulder straps and smooth cotton lining give extra comfort
- Perfect to wear after any type of breast surgery or if back fastening bras prove difficult
- Natural, breathable, quality pima cotton stretch fabric
- Machine washable - recommended on a cool 30 degrees delicate/gentile cycle wash
- 98% pima cotton, 2% elastane
As dementia affects the physical functioning of a person, it can become more difficult to physically handle the task of dressing as well. Lifting your arms above your shoulders to get clothes over your head and bending down to pull trousers or skirts up can be particularly difficult.
Innovative clothing company, The Able Label addresses such challenges. Founder Katie Ellis was previously a fashion buyer for popular high street retailer White Stuff but was inspired to create the collection having seen first-hand the difficulties her grandmother with Parkinson’s faced.
Combining the latest colours and trends with adapted designs that are easier to dress – the range of clothes are a perfect balance of fashion and function.
The ‘desirable and dress-able’ clothes use quality fabrics, discreet adaptive designs, innovative fastenings as well as colour-coordinated internals to make dressing quicker, easier and safer. Yet when they’re worn, no one would ever know they were adapted… it’s our secret!
The clothes are beneficial to anyone who has reduced movement, limited hand dexterity and strength, poor balance or faces fatigue. It is also extremely well received by carers assisting with dressing too.
The clothes ensure no fiddly fastenings with touch closures – buttons are for decoration only. There is no overhead dressing with front opening designs. Wrap styles help carers with assisted dressing and on the skirts mean no need to bend down to pull them up.
Being specifically designed to make dressing easier, clothes are eligible for VAT exemption. There are free returns on all orders to ensure you find the right item for you. Should you have any specific requirements, The Able Label has an alterations service.
20% of the sale price goes to Alzheimer’s Society, supporting people with dementia and ultimately finding a cure.
*Please note when clicking on the 'Find out more' button you will be redirected away from the Alzheimer's Society Online Shop.