Jelly Drops are award-winning sweets designed to boost water intake, developed with support from the Alzheimer’s Society’s Accelerator Programme. These bright, engaging drops can help people living with dementia stay on top of their fluids, independently and enjoyably!
- Each tray contains 300ml of water
- Made of 95% water and added electrolytes
- Sugar free, vegan and with no laxative effect
- Solid texture, they don’t burst but are easy to chew
- 6 delicious natural flavours: strawberry, raspberry, blackcurrant, orange, lemon and lime
- Currently not suitable for people with swallowing difficulties
"The jelly drops are amazing and such a fantastic idea, I'm absolutely over the moon to say my Grandma who has Alzheimer's is loving eating the jelly drops and even ask for more when she has finished.""
- AH, December 2020
Jelly Drops are designed to supplement normal fluid intake - ideal for anyone who forgets to drink, doesn't feel thirst, or just has a sweet tooth!
The idea behind Jelly Drops came when Lewis Hornby’s own grandmother Pat was admitted to hospital due to dehydration. Pat, who had dementia, spent 24 hours on IV fluids in hospital before thankfully making a full recovery. Lewis was left wondering how something so small could have a potentially life-threatening impact.
Lewis then spent a month in his grandmother’s care home, consulting with doctors, dementia specialists
and speech and language therapists before developing the sweet you can see today.